Here are some suggestions to help, if you are/intend to live an independent life
If you have Non-Molestation Order/ Occupancy Order because of your abuser and you live alone, you can:
- Change locks, install alarms and alert your neighbours to this.
- Carry a personal alarm.
- Change your daily routine.
- Change rooms at night.
- Document every violation/ Tell friends.
- Use code systems – Code words.
- Floating Support is a service which supports women who are or have been affected by Domestic and Sexual Violence, helping them to maintain and sustain their homes.
- Fermanagh Women’s Aid offers Floating Support services to all women affected by domestic abuse.
- Self referrals are welcome as are referrals from statutory, voluntary or community agencies.