This is a programme aimed at children under 12 years old. Its aim is to develop skills and abilities which are vital for personal safety, stress reduction and promotion of self worth. “Helping Hands” incorporates “Protective Behaviours” a programme which originated in the USA in 1978 to prevent abuse of children.This programme aims to develop children’s self esteem and give them the tools to help keep themselves safe.
Helping Hands aims to:
- – Develop levels of self esteem and confidence.
- – Explore and express feelings.
- – Inform children of their right to feel safe all the time.
- – Increase their ability to safety plan.
- – Help Children identify their support network.
- – Explain how behaviours can impact others.