A support group experience for women who have endured an abusive relationship
- – Are you suffering physical, emotional or sexual abuse in your relationship?
- – Do you feel frightened, confused and alone?
- – Have you felt guilt and shame?
You are not to blame
- – Domestic violence is a serious crime.
– Everyone has the right to live their life free from abuse.
– There is help and support available for you.
– You are not to blame.
Journey to Freedom Offers:
- – OPPORTUNITY for women who have suffered or are still suffering from abusive relationships to come together, and to share their thoughts and feelings about domestic violence in a safe, supportive environment.
- – DISCOVERY of the effects of an abusive relationship on women and children.
- – AWARENESS of the patterns that exist within an abusive relationship and the knowledge to create change.
- – EMPOWERMENT though building self esteem and confidence: learning how to feel safe and exploring life choices.
- – A 14 WEEK PROGRAMME for two hours, one morning per week, 10.30am-12.30pm – led by workers skilled and experienced in the dynamics of domestic violence
Comments from women who have benefited from the Journey to Freedom group:
“I feel it showed me that I have rights and choices and I am allowed to feel again”.
“It made me more aware and enabled me to look back and realise I am not alone and it is not my fault”.
“Here are other women in the same boat as myself and I think we can support and help each other”.