Fermanagh Women’s Aid has been helping women and children in Fermanagh for the past 23 years.
Our team of specially trained staff understand the devastating impact Domestic and Sexual Violence can have on your life. We realise it can be hard to phone, call in or email for the first time.
Our staff are experienced in supporting you to talk when you are ready. We understand that you may not know how to start or what to say.
We will support you as you make your own choices and decisions.
How does the process work?
- – On contact, you will be assigned a support worker who will arrange to see you, either in your own home, another location in your community that is safe or in our Safe Hands Centre in Enniskillen.
- – You will have an opportunity to talk to your support worker about your particular circumstances, and together you will identify your support needs.
- – This will include looking at your personal safety, health issues, education and training, information on Criminal and Civil proceedings, housing and finance.
- – Your support planning will guide the process and help to ensure that the support provided is suited to you. You will review this on an ongoing basis and you will gradually see how much you have achieved.
- – Through one to one support and group support we can help you to feel better about yourself and improve your self esteem.
- – We can accompany you and give you information on visits to Jobs and Benefits / Housing Executive / Solicitors and courts etc.