A refuge and a centre were set up by female volunteers
- The group of women were affiliated with WAFNI
- A Board of Directors was established
- WAFNI and the Board of Directors recruited a Manager
- There were 3 paid workers
- Funding applied for and services were supported by the Housing Executive and Supporting People.
Over the last 10 years or so..
- Employment of staff from 3 to 18.
- Children and Young People’s Services operating one to one support, promoting safety and healthy relationships in schools and training professionals including teachers through Social Guardian.
- Domestic and Sexual Violence Service including Emergency Accommodation and Floating Support.
- Safer Ageing Fermanagh in partnership with Men’s Action Network to address Domestic and Sexual Violence as well as Elder Abuse in the over 65 population.
- Training and Facilitation available for external agencies.
- Commitment to partnership working locally and regionally with both Voluntary and Statutory sectors.
- Strengthened professional abilities and capacity to support women & children.
- Increased volunteers supporting the services provided by Fermanagh Women’s Aid
- Fundraising activities, Press Releases and Social Media Campaigns.
- Safe Hands Centre enables greater support for victims of Domestic and Sexual Violence.
What the future holds
- Striving to reduce Domestic and Sexual Violence rates across Fermanagh with improved partnerships, additional services and the development of an improved Emergency Accommodation.